Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tapas Alicante


Just a few days ago I returned from an absolutely amazing and life-changing trip to the South-East of Spain.  It was in this magical place, where I tasted some of the BEST food in my life.  One of the restaurants that I visited was 'Tapas Alicante', where the food and wine were so good that I literally had a surreal experience.  I had to pinch myself to remind myself that what I was tasting was 'real' and actually happening in the present moment.    The fact that I felt 'transported' to another level of culinary experience says something about the quality, flavour and freshness of this food.  I've tasted calamari multiple times, but having grilled calamari in Alicante is an 'experience' in and of itself.  It was 'tender' and just melted in your mouth.  Some of the other dishes that I experienced were: Patatas Bravas topped with a fried egg and sausage, sliced potatoes with sautéed onions and beef cooked to 'perfection' and perhaps my absolute favourite was the croquettas.  I don't think I can even begin to explain in words how amazing the cheese croquettas were at 'Tapas Alicante'.  It was like eating the most rich and flavourful 'cheese bomb'.  They served the croquettas with honey and it was the perfect accompaniment with this dish.

The wine :) Wow, there something to be said about enjoying amazing food with wine.  It just brings all the flavours to a whole new level.  Finding the right wine to go with multiple dishes and tapas is essential to having a mouth-watering experience.  Since it was my dad's birthday this day, he chose a medium bodied red.  It went perfectly with all the food.  I personally prefer red wine, but sometimes with a lot of seafood dishes, I like venturing towards a white.  Needless to say, wine just 'completes' the food-tasting experience.




Although I'm just highlighting one of my many food experiences in Spain, the food at 'Tapas Alicante' was quite possibly my absolute favourite.  If you ever get the chance to travel to Alicante or the surrounding area, definitely check out this restaurant.  You will have the most amazing food experience!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment