Monday, August 8, 2016

'Tuna Melt' Scrambled Eggs or Omelette

Who knew that combining two classics could result in such a tasty dish?  This may just be my new favourite egg recipe to make.  If you love the taste of a 'tuna melt', this is for you!!!

I've been wanting to try this for a while, but it took a crazy 'tuna salad' craving to make it happen :)  The idea actually came from my cousin Eddie in Spain.  I remember talking to him about making omelettes and he said he put in tuna to his egg dishes.  That combination stuck in my mind for some reason and I knew at some point I would try it.  Interestingly enough, today is Eddie's birthday!  When I realized that last night I made a tuna salad for dinner (just a can of tuna, Polish 'babynias' mayonnaise from Starsky (an amazing Polish-European inspired grocery store here in Mississauga) and salt) - I had about 2 tablespoons worth of tuna left over and decided, let's try an 'Eddie Omelette'.  I combined the leftover tuna salad, 2 organic eggs, some applewood smoked cheddar and tried to make an omelette.  For some reason, I could flip the omelette properly, so it became more of a scrambled egg dish :)  When I sat down to try this dish, I actually said 'WOW' out loud.  This is an incredible combination and it's incredibly simple at the same time.  I will definitely be making this again.  I can this this being such an amazing dinner too - add some sliced tomato and a glass of chardonnay and all is well with the world!!!  Since it's 9:30 here is Mississauga I'm going to forgo the wine, but at some point, I will raise a glass to say 'Happy Birthday' to Eddie!  Thank you for this amazing recipe idea!  Miss my family in Spain so much.  They are incredible, amazingly happy people and I am blessed to know them!!! :)  Gracias Eddie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment